Here are 6 great reasons to include edamame, green immature soybeans, in your diet regularly.
- Unlike most commercially grown soybeans, edamame are not genetically modified.
- They are one of the very rare forms of plant-based proteins that contain all of the essential amino acids.
- They are more readily digestible than varieties used for making dried soybeans.
- Their overall nutritional profile is simply stellar and superior to other beans and legumes. A single one-half cup serving provides ten grams of protein, five grams of fiber, loads of key vitamins and minerals – all for just 100 calories.
- They are uniquely high in plant compounds called isoflavones that have been linked to protection from prostate cancer, breast cancer, and heart disease.
- They are delicious, incredibly easy to prepare, and remarkably versatile in food preparation.
Look for frozen shelled edamame in your freezer section. I buy mine from Costco where they carry them in bulk for a great bargain.
SIGN UP HERE TO STAY INFORMED ABOUT MY UPCOMING E-COURSE, AND WE’LL SEND YOU A FREE GIFT!