Easy Ways to Eat More Ginger
There are many easy ways to eat more ginger. It’s so, so good for you!
Ginger is a superstar spice, especially for its anti-inflammatory power. Here are easy ways to eat more of it!
- Use fresh ginger root to add flavorful intrigue to your dishes. Chop or grate it into sauces, salad dressings, or right on top of your salad, poultry or seafood.
- Snack on candied ginger or make it part of your dessert.
- Use pickled ginger as a condiment.
- Drink freshly brewed tea steeped along with a thumbnail piece of chopped ginger daily.
- Dried powdered ginger is even more potent than fresh and can be used in cooking or sprinkled directly onto foods.
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite dressings that includes this superstar spice:
- ½ cup peanut or canola oil
- ¼ orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- Whisk ingredients in a small cup until well blended. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Another Easy Way to Eat More Ginger
When need a change of taste – this dressing answers the call.
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Alternatively, whisk together in a bowl. Can be stored in fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.