Easy Ways to Eat More Ginger
Ginger is a superstar spice, especially for its anti-inflammatory power. Here are easy ways to eat more of it!
- Use fresh ginger root to add flavorful intrigue to your dishes. Chop or grate it into sauces, salad dressings, or right on top of your salad, poultry or seafood.
- Snack on candied ginger or make it part of your dessert.
- Use pickled ginger as a condiment.
- Drink freshly brewed tea steeped along with a thumbnail piece of chopped ginger daily.
- Dried powdered ginger is even more potent than fresh and can be used in cooking or sprinkled directly onto foods.
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite dressings that includes this superstar spice:
½ cup peanut or canola oil
¼ orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
Whisk ingredients in a small cup until well blended. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.