Go Stealth with Vegetables for More Weight Control
Padding your dishes with extra veggies is a proven means to reduce caloric intake while boosting nutrient intake.
Here are some simple ways to take advantage:
- Shred veggies (or buy them already shredded) carrots, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli, etc. and add to meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, and baked goods like muffins.
- Add canned pumpkin or canned sweet potato puree (both high in fiber and loaded with vitamin A and other carotenoids) to soups, baked goods, and pancakes. I always add canned pumpkin to my cornbread! Sweet potato puree is yummy blended with plain or vanilla yogurt.
- Add finely shredded kale or spinach to soups and stews.
- Make “mock-mashed” potatoes from cooked cauliflower.
- If vegetables are called for in recipes, add extra.
My Weigh Less for Life e-course is open for enrollment!
Click the image for details or to enroll.
Get 20% off before the discount expires!