Sweet Potatoes Trounce White Potatoes
When it comes to nutritional value and eating for better health, sweet potatoes trounce white potatoes. Whether your goals are improved weight control, heart health, cancer protection, or anti-aging, sweet potatoes are a far superior tuber.
Here are 5 great reasons to choose sweet potatoes over white potatoes.
- Sweet potatoes have a much lower glycemic response—meaning they will not spike your blood glucose levels like white potatoes. Baked white russet potatoes have the highest glycemic response of any food!
- Sweet potatoes contain more beneficial antioxidants.
- Sweet potatoes have higher levels of several key nutrients including 1,000 times more vitamin A and about twice as much fiber and vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes cook more quickly.
- White potatoes comprise 1/3 of all the vegetables eaten by Americans, and that is just way too much! Dietary diversity is vitally important for health.
You won’t believe how delicious this recipe is – I roast these every week!
This is hands-down my favorite way to prepare roasted sweet potatoes!
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, Unpeeled
1-2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Sea Salt
Set oven to 375. Rinse potatoes, cut them into big rounds (about an inch thick), lay them flat on a baking dish, rub (or spray) thin layer of oil on both sides. Dust with. spices. Place in oven until golden brown!