Tips for Fighting Belly Fat
- Exercise most days — If you don’t accumulate at least 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity most days of the week you are virtually guaranteed to accumulate belly fat. And the more the better!
- Eat an abundance of non-starchy veggies and fruits.
- Enjoy beans daily.
- Avoid the “Great White Hazards” — white flour products, white rice, white potatoes and sugary foods and beverages. These foods are belly fat magnets.
- Avoid saturated fats — They have been shown to boost belly fat.
- Include omega 3 fats in your diet regularly – enjoy oily fish, walnuts, whole soy foods, dark leafy greens, flax, chia, and hemp seeds.
For optimal health, maintain your waist size (measured at the level of the hips) in the following ranges:
- males < 37 inches (danger zone 40 inches or >)
- females < 32 inches (danger zone 35 inches or >)