My Top Picks for Healthy Breakfast Proteins
Make a delicious breakfast that will keep your stomach (and your brain!) happy all day.
If you want optimal appetite control over the course of the day, be sure to include a nice dose of healthy protein with your breakfast meal.
My top picks for healthy breakfast proteins include:
- Raw or roasted nuts
- Nut butters – peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
- 1% or skim milk
- Kefir – Check out my post on how to make this at home!
- Nonfat or low-fat plain Greek-style yogurt (has double the protein of standard yogurt!)
- Cheeses made from 2% milk or part-skim milk
- Smoked or canned salmon
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Omega 3 fortified eggs
- High protein cereals
- Hemp kernels/seeds (I love the Nature’s Earthly Choice brand – I get the big bag from Costco.)
- Protein powders – hemp, whey, soy etc. (especially convenient for smoothies)
- Plain unsweetened soy milk
Take home all my nutritional wisdom plus my favorite healthy recipes when you order the Eat Right for Life COMBO.
We’ll include a free Dr. Ann grocery guide so you know exactly what to put in your cart.
Meet with Dr. Ann one-on-one for a private wellness consultation.
In-person or online.