5 Reasons to Eat More Walnuts
All varieties of nuts are off-the-charts great for you, but walnuts deserve special mention.
Here are 5 reasons to eat more of them.
- Walnuts offer unrivaled cardiovascular protection.
- Walnuts are an excellent source of those hard to find plant-based omega 3 fats.
- Walnuts are uniquely high in a special form of vitamin E, gamma-tocopherol, revered for its heart health prowess.
- Walnuts are home to a broad array of beneficial plant antioxidants, including some exceedingly rare and highly prized ones like juglone, which is thought to explain the connection between walnut consumption and decreased prostate and breast cancer risk.
- Additionally, studies have shown walnuts to be protective against many more of our most dreaded diseases including type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, dementia, macular degeneration, and even stress.