New Year’s Resolutions That Really Work
The New Year offers a sensational opportunity to harness the unrivaled goodness and power of healthy living. Here are 10 easy, delicious and totally-doable New Year’s resolutions that come with a science-backed guarantee to guard and improve your health and vitality.
- Enjoy a handful (about 1 ounce) of any variety of nuts (raw or roasted) each day.
- Incorporate some form of dark leafy greens (raw or cooked) into your diet each day. Salads are perfect for this.
- Substitute 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat bread products for their white, refined counterparts.
- Consume a serving of any variety of beans (canned fine) at least 4 times a week.
- Within every hour that you have to sit, incorporate at least 2 minutes of light activity like standing up to walk to the restroom.
- Enjoy a prudent portion of dark chocolate (up to 1 ounce) as your dessert or treat of choice.
- Include at least 3 servings of oily fish like salmon (wild best) in your diet each week. Canned salmon and frozen salmon burgers make this a cinch.
- Plate every morsel of food you intend to eat (including snacks) and look at it before you let it cross your lips.
- Adopt the attitude that sleep is sacred in your life and strive to adhere to a stable sleep and wake schedule.
- Seek the inspiration, motivation, and perseverance to stick to your New Year’s resolutions or any healthy living changes you may otherwise make from the very best source-the things that give your life meaning and purpose.
Wishing you and your loved one’s joy, peace, and good health in the New Year.
Make 2019 your healthiest year yet.
Join me for a wellness retreat on Friday, January 18th!