The Best Ways to Decrease Your Cancer Risk
I just wanted to take the time to remind everybody that there are simple steps that can dramatically reduce your risk of cancer. Based on the most authoritative and comprehensive science available, here is what you should do. (NOTE: The first 4 directives are in order of importance!)
- Do not smoke or use any tobacco products.
- Stay as lean as possible within the normal range of body weight, and avoid weight gain in adulthood.
- Be physically active everyday. 60 minutes of moderate exercise daily or 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily is best.
- Restrict high calorie, unhealthy foods: traditional fast foods, like burgers and fries; sugary beverages, like soda; junk foods, like chips; sweets and desserts.
- Eat a wide variety of mostly plant-based foods. The best choices are: fruits, non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Restrict red meat (beef, pork, lamb) and avoid processed meats, like bacon, sausage, hot-dogs, etc.
- Restrict alcohol. 1 drink or less a day for women and 2 drinks or less a day for men.
For more cancer prevention, please visit www.PreventCancer.org.
Order my award-winning book, Eat Right for Life, for more expert nutritional guidance today!