How to Optimize Your Metabolic Health
Maintaining normal metabolic function is at the bedrock for staying healthy and feeling great. Here is the complete list of directives for maintaining, improving or normalizing your metabolic health:
- Keep your weight in a healthy range (especially belly size) or lose weight if overweight.
- Exercise most days – a combination of aerobic (brisk walking) and resistance activities (yoga/weights) is best. The more the better.
- Do your carbs right – avoid/minimize refined, white carbs and sugar; choose the good carbs – fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains instead.
- Minimize red meat – two servings or less a week best
- Do your fats right – minimize saturated fats (red meat, palm/coconut oil) and enjoy omega 3 fats (oily fish, hemp, chia, flax seeds and monounsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, avocados)
- Get restful sleep – 7-8 hours/night
- Consume 3 meals a day and avoid snacking between meals. Do not skip breakfast.
- Get your vitamin D level checked. Supplement as directed if low.
Today is the last day to enroll in my e-course on brain health, The Happiness Plan.
Click here for details!